Take your company to the next level with space technologies
Find out how space technology can take your company to the next level
VERHAERT is the Belgian partner for ESA’s Technology Transfer Programme Office (TTPO). Our aim is to help companies and entrepreneurs to innovate, creating new products and business based on space technology. We have set up the platform spacetechnology.be as a Belgian hub between space technology and resources. As National Technology Transfer Initiative, we provide services which can be co-financed by ESA and BELSPO.
Belgian technologies, part of the ESA Space Programme:
- 3D-Localisation, 3D-Calibration, 3D-Inspection and Robot Control Software
- Active and passive vibration damping to avoid resonance, perturbations and tonality
- Flexible solution for X-ray fluorescence scanning
- High resolution mapping of surface shape, optical power, deformation and roughness with an improved Schlieren method
- Hyperspectral imaging device providing simultaneous high spectral and high spatial resolution
- Innovative multicore real-time operating systems
- Open-cell metal foam latent heat storage systems for thermal management of fast responding systems
- Radiation hardening of imaging sensors and electronic components
- Storing, annotation & analysis of large scale images
- True colour X-ray imaging by dual-energy photon counting using standard contact image sensors
Opportunity scansDuring an opportunity scan we explore 4 avenues to create value from space technology and materials: problem solving, solutions, creating opportunities and valorization.
Feasibility studiesA step by step approach to evaluate feasibility: technology benchmarking, maturity assessment and proof of principle.
Building confidence by focused demonstrators: bread boarding, dummies, proof of concept and user & market feedback.
Business incubationIn partnership with the ESA Business Incubation Centers (BICs) we provide comprensive business incubation services for ventures, both start-ups and spin-outs, applying space technology. These services are funded up to € 100.000.
Space technology is proved to be robust in the most extreme
and critical conditions.
Use available satellite data and infrastructure for innovative product ideas and business cases.
Best practices in the management of complex systems in high demanding terrestrial applications.
Sensor and instrumentation technology developed in Microgravity research to boost health care applications.
State of the art engineering tools, methodologies and concepts for demanding thermal engineering challenges on earth.
Apply lightweight and innovative materials for breakthrough applications on earth.
The art of engineering advanced structures in high-tech materials for applications where low weight makes the difference.
Advanced mechanisms, actuators, and motion control and calibration systems for industrial applications.
Reliability & Safety
Latest insights, design strategies and procedures to improve reliability and safety of complex systems in critical applications.
How does space technology, systems and know-how benefit Europe?
- Creating jobs and improving citizens’ daily life
- Boosting Europe’s global competitiveness
- Investing in local economy
- Supporting environmental sustainability (“Green Growth”)
- Advancing space industry