Get funding to demonstrate space technology
for your commercial earthly application
Call Closure: 11 August 2017 12 p.m. CET
As part of efforts to promote the use of space technologies in ESA Member States, an Open Call for Technology Transfer Proposals (“Technology Transfer Demonstrator Competition 2017”, hereinafter called “Demonstrator Call”) has been opened. VERHAERT has been entrusted by ESA to set up, implement and manage it. The Technology Transfer Demonstrators are directed specifically towards the determination and elimination of technical risk particular to the new terrestrial application. The Open Call allows 7 projects of both space and non-space organizations or individuals to submit proposals to develop technology transfer demonstrators. This call is open for all ESA member states.
Through this Call, VERHAERT invites applicants to request funding up to 38.000 euro to develop a demonstrator regarding the transfer of a space technology into a non-space application. The projects should be executed in maximum 6 months.
In order to apply for this call, please send your submission towards firstname.lastname@example.org, please fill out the form below to download the application template.
Before sending out your submission please carefully read the following documents:
Apply before 11 August 2017, 12 p.m. CET
Please fill out the form below to receive the application template by email. To submit proposals for demonstrators send your application to email@example.com
We invite applicants to submit their proposals via firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of 11 August 2017, 12 p.m. CET. First all proposals will be checked by an Opening Board, if formal requirements accomplished. When compliant, the Tender Evaluation Board (ESA, VERHAERT, stakeholders and experts) will evaluate the proposals on the selection criteria. The Board will inform the applicant of the evaluation in writing. The 7 proposals with the highest marks (above 60) will be selected for negotiations.
- Current Development Status has the space technology been developed sufficiently for a technology transfer to non-space application. It is necessary to look both in the TRL in space and the approximate for non-space. High TRL level in space is expected. (15%)
- Attractiveness of the Non-Space Market an estimate of the size of technology’s final application/market and its potential value in commercial or societal terms. Credibility of the potential access to market will be assessed. (20%)
- Novelty and Intellectual Property The novelty of the technology in its non-space application and the consequent competitive advantage. The current status of the IPRs and the potential protection of the results. (15%)
- Project Feasibility An estimate of the likelihood of the Technical Demonstrator achieving its technical objectives in the stated budget and a successful transfer in a reasonable time-frame. Degree of compliance with the time frame proposed in the call. (20%)
- The need for a Technical Demonstrator The likelihood and expected timing for the technical demonstrator to lead to the engagement of customers with the expected timing and the need of financial support by the Agency. (20%)
- Degree of compliance with the commitment of a receiver and the donor working together. (10%)
Technology Transfer Broker team
+ 32 3 250 19 00
Need more information
Please fill in your message and contact details below. We will contact you as soon as possible.