Make Space Part of Your Business
ESA Space Solutions Belgium is the place for entrepreneurs from research centres, universities, space and non-space business seeking to realise their innovative business ideas and transfer technologies from space to other areas of the economy. ESA Space Solutions Belgium is part of the Europe-wide ESA BIC network, which has been established to empower entrepreneurship at European level to the considerable benefit of the regional ESA BIC’s and their associated entrepreneurial community.
Why should you participate?
- It’s the space-hub for commercialisation of space technology in Belgium
- Working in an innovative, high-tech entrepreneurial environment
- Be supported by the strongest incubation program in Europe
- Strong link with ESA’s biggest R&D facility ESTEC
What you get:
- Incentive Funding up to 50.000 EURO for product development and IPR
- Business development loan of 50.000 EURO
- Technical Support up to 80 Hours through ESA
- Business development support and advice
- IP Consulting
- Financial Administration
- Business Support via workshops, trainings and coaches
- Exclusive access to international events
- Access to the international ESA BIC community
- Preferred access to office facilities, coaches, experts, suppliers and investment capital
Who can apply?
- You have an innovative idea based on space technology or data
- Your company is not older than five years or needs to be founded yet
- You are a European citizen
What fields of application are possible?
- Satellite navigation / mobile services
- Earth observation
- Transportation (road – sea – air)
- Satellite communication
- Robotics / Mechatronics
The application process
Applying for ESA BIC is quite a process, so it is important that you begin on time. For a successful application, follow the steps described below.
Step 1: Fill in the contact form and come by for an introductory meeting
Step 2: Download & read the Permanent Open Call documents
Step 3: Complete and send the Business Application Proposal:
- Cover Letter (Section V)
- Incubation Proposal (Section VI)
- Business Plan (Section VII)
- related appendixes (as needed)